PropertyBuilding Condition Assessment
As part of the process of purchasing commercial, retail, industrial or residential property, property fund managers require a building condition assessment to be performed as part of their due diligence process. The Exallos division provides these assessments as part of its services.
These building condition assessments include:
- A review of the structural drawings of the property with a view to determining structural adequacy such as floor design loads for the intended client;
- Additional detailed investigations into any observed signs of structural distress such as corrosion of reinforcement and spalling of concrete;
- If the client requires the building to be extensively refurbished including a change in the type of use of the building, addition of large windows or removal of existing walls/ posts, Exallos will provide a full design and document service as well as arranging for any required investigation work to be performed. This type of work offer includes maintenance of facades of existing buildings; and
- Visual inspection of the building to determine the extent of any structural distress such as settlement, cracking, overloading.
Normal construction procedures require that a dilapidation survey of adjoining roads and buildings be performed prior to commencement of work and in some cases at completion of works. Exallos records the condition of roads and buildings using photography and videorecording to record existing crack widths, distortions, settlements and any other observed signs of structural distress. A report is then prepared outlining these observations and providing any recommendations, if required, regarding measures that may be required during construction to ensure damage to adjoining properties is avoided during construction. The intent of these reports is to ensure that potential disputes between the owner of the adjoining building and the client are avoided due to misunderstandings as to the extent of the damage.
Other services that Exallos provides to assist with property management include the following:
Post Disaster Engineering
Exallos also provides services to assist with post disaster engineering including the temporary stabilisation of damaged buildings and a detailed assessment of repair methodologies for buildings that have sustained wind damage. Most recently, Exallos has worked on the houses and building premises in North Queensland which suffered considerable damage after the effects of cyclone Larry.
Examples of projects that the Exallos Division have provided property services to include:
- Cyclone Larry Properties: Innisvale, Australia
- Jade Apartments: Gold Coast, Australia
- Lexicon: Brisbane, Australia
- Luna Park: Sydney, Australia
- William Jolly Place: Brisbane, Australia