Industrial ProjectsIndustrial structures take on a wide range of forms and functions, generally driven by use-specific performance requirements. Robert Bird Group works closely with process engineers, services engineers, architects and the end users to ensure that the completed project satisfies or exceeds all the desired performance requirements - within set budgets and commissioning time frames.
Of high importance for the successful outcome of an industrial project, particularly projects unique in nature that have a high reliance on durable flat floors and long span waterproof roofs, is the previous experience and knowledge of the design team. Robert Bird Group pulls the elements of design, documentation and past experience together to reach a successful and efficient outcome on each project.
Capabilities and Experience
- Civil experience in the design and delivery of appropriate pavements using the latest joint technology to alleviate the cracked pavement conditions that occur in poorly detailed pavements.
- Design of large-span steel structures (clear spans of up to 60 metres) without trusses ensuring maximum roof economy.
- Design of large-span steel structures (clear spans up to 120 metres) using steel truss systems, for applications such as aircraft maintenance hangars.
- Detailing of loading docks for different supplier needs.
- Durable/ flat floor design using post tensioned floors with minimal joints requiring minimal maintenance.
- Industrial floor joint detailing using proven techniques.
- Understanding of construction techniques and ensuring solutions are coordinated and buildable.
- Understanding of cool room detailing and the design of floor and cool room walling details, sub floor heating and condensation issues for temperature-controlled environments.
- Repeat business from dedicated clients and awards from national institutions is evidence of our dedication to the delivery of innovative structural solutions to all of our industrial projects.