EducationOur experience on Educational projects includes a number of educational facilities and related constructions including: universities, primary and high schools, research facilities, student accommodation and general purpose auditoriums. Some of our major projects include: the Australian Red Cross Blood Service Operations Centre & QUT Health Faculty and Springfield Education City. For education related projects we consider the following items to be critical project issues:
• Delivering structural and civil works without undue disturbance to the general day-to-day operations of existing facilities.
• Management of construction cost, quality and risk.
• Minimisation of long-term building maintenance costs.
• Flexibility in design for future changes and further expansion of facilities.
• Structural performance and its effect on sensitive medical equipment.
• Designing to suit the contractor’s preferred construction methods, and current industry conditions.
• Flexibility in design, for the efficient integration of services.
• Selection of structural materials and construction methods that do not pose unacceptable risks to the operation of existing education facilities.
Major Education Projects include: