HealthRobert Bird Group is recognised for its achievements in the delivery of major health infrastructure projects. Robert Bird Group uses its understanding of the specific needs of the medical profession, and broad experience in major health infrastructure projects to deliver the client’s project objectives on time and within budget. We also have significant experience in projects requiring renovation, retrofitting and expansion of health facilities.
Robert Bird Group’ structural and civil solutions address all of the critical project issues, including:
- Delivering structural and civil works without undue disturbance to the general day-to-day operations of existing facilities.
- Designing to suit the contractor’s preferred construction methods, and current industry conditions.
- Flexibility in design for future changes and further expansion of facilities.
- Flexibility in design, for the efficient integration of services.
- Management of construction cost, quality and risk.
- Minimisation of long-term building maintenance costs.
- Selection of structural materials and construction methods that do not pose unacceptable risks to the operation of existing hospital facilities.
- Structural performance and its effect on sensitive medical equipment.
The construction value of our health projects varies from AUD $5million to AUD $1.7 billion. Our health related project experience includes:
- Austin Hospital - Melbourne, Australia
- Ipswich Hospital Redevelopment - Ipswich, Australia
- Logan Hospital Stage Four - Logan, Australia
- Mater Hospital Expansion - Newcastle, Australia
- Oxford Radcliffe Children’s Hospital and Oxford Radcliffe Head and Neck Unit - Oxford, United Kingdom
- Peterborough Hospital - Peterborough, United Kingdom
- Queensland Institute of Medical Research (cancer research centre) - Brisbane, Australia
- Royal Brisbane Women’s Hospital expansion - Brisbane, Australia.
- St Luke’s Hospital Acute Aged Care Facilities - Little Bay NSW, Australia